James Scott Square Crystal Decanter Review In Short…
Overall the James Scott Square Crystal Decanter gets 42 points out of 60 which translates to a 70%. This decanter gets high marks for it’s practicality and low marks for it’s small size and lack of uniqueness. We have rated this as an average decanter, on average it is rated slightly above others in its price range.
From the Manufacturer
This stunning liquor decanter comes packaged with a gift box that exudes style and a sense of occasion. The James Scott decanter would make a perfect gift for any whiskey enthusiast, scotch drinker or as a wedding and anniversary gift. Unlike crystal decanters which contain at least 20% lead, James Scott glassware is made from lead free ultra-clarity glass.
Smooth to pour, the quality of our glasses ensures whiskey maintains its temperature, while the high-end design coupled with a contemporary flair makes an artistic alternative to the boring liquor glass. Savor the experience as you pour yourself a glass of Windsor or Jameson in our premium whiskey glassware.
For those serious about their spirits, nothing says sophistication quite like a whiskey decanter. The James Scott whiskey Decanter is a show-piece for any home. Sturdy and comfortable to hold, it sits beautifully in both small and large hands. Slim enough to fit a female hand, with enough impressive heft to satisfy him. on’t buy boring. Invest in a quality scotch decanter set that will stand the test of time.
- TRUE BEAUTY IS ONLY FOUND WHEN WITH JAMES SCOTT – When this elegant decanter graces his or her bar of table, enjoying a cocktail always has a sophisticated flair. Created from crystal, its unique design is hand-cut and deeply faceted for extra sparkle. Decanter is 10.75″ tall, its capacity is 750 ml.
- CRYSTAL BY ITS VERY NATURE, REQUIRES DELICATE HANDLING – With just a little tender loving care, you will ensure the beauty of your crystal for many lifetimes. Wash one piece at a time by hand, using warm soapy water and hand dry with a soft cloth.
- GIVES A DISTINGUISHED LOOK WHEREVER YOU PLACE IT – Perfect in a gentleman’s study, this distinguished decanter gives pause to everyday life and beckons you to take a break. Whether you fill the stylish decanter with 12-year old scotch for a get-together with friends or orange juice after a round of golf, it’s a happy and hospitable way to pass the time.
- 100% GUARANTEE.
James Scott Crystal Liquor Decanter Review
1) The cap is obviously meant to be tight to keep air out…but it is glass on glass. Over the course of a year and usage, glass chards began to break off the cap with the friction of opening the bottle (we found them IN people’s shots, thankfully before they drank them).
2) Upon opening there was a clearly posted sticker that said “Shanon, Lead Crystal.” The description on the website says “Lead Free”
3) I bought this and Godinger Dublin Whiskey Decanter not the same day (which is $12 cheaper) my biggest surprise was when unpacking on finding that inside the box both decanters are identical. With the same manufacturer label from China (I think it’s called Ashley). Except for the outside box there is no difference whatsoever between the two. So I wouldn’t buy the more expensive one.
4) It has very visible flaw on one side where it looks like a piece of sand got in it when it was cooling. I don’t mind bubbles but this looks like a small piece of lead or something of the such
1) This holds a standard 750 ML of Whiskey to exactly the right area of the bottle. Right to where the “square” ends and the neck begins to swoop upward. The maker’s of this lower-priced Crystal Decanter missed nothing in the detail. My significant other and I would both DEFINITELY recommend this without hesitation. Even to those who have Waterford and other Collections. This will only add to it!!
2) Great product, especially for the price. The decanter does not feel fragile like most wine decanters.