Lenox Tuscany Classics Whiskey Decanter Review In Short…
Overall the Lenox Tuscany Classics Whiskey Decanter gets 40 points out of 60 which translates to a 66%. This decanter gets high marks for it’s practicality and low marks for its common uninspiring design. We have rated this as a below average decanter, on average it is rated significantly lower than others in its price range.
From the Manufacturer:
A stylish addition to any home bar, the Tuscany Classics Crystal Whiskey Decanter will hold a generous 42 ounces of your favorite scotch, bourbon, or rye whiskey. Crafted of dishwasher-safe European non-lead crystal. Makes a great housewarming or groomsmen’s gift.
- Crafted of non-lead crystal
- Dishwasher Safe
- Measuring a capacity of 42 ounces
Lenox Tuscany Classics Whiskey Decanter Review
- Honestly, I’d be embarrassed to gift or receive this set, save maybe in a white elephant auction. The glasses are a bit larger than I expected, but extremely thin, so much so that I’m afraid of breakage. Lenox claims that they’re dishwasher safe and includes a 50% off replacement card if you register these glasses. Sadly I suspect you’d need it if you put them in the dishwasher or put them to any significant use.
- I’ve never had a whiskey set but this is a very classic looking set of glasses. The goblet seems a little fragile compared to the other glasses but overall it’s a decent set for home use. I wouldn’t feel comfortable putting these in a dishwasher though.
- I ordered two other decanters, intending to have a set of three. This one was by far the cheapest–the others were crystal. However, this was the only one that I kept. One of the others was broken on arrival, and the third had significant manufacturing flaws. This decanter, on the other hand, was perfect.