Ravenscroft Crystal Bishop Decanter Review In Short…
Overall the Ravenscroft Crystal Bishop Decanter gets 47 points out of 60 which translates to a 78%. This decanter gets high marks for it’s practicality and nice design. We have rated this as an above average decanter, on average it is rated significantly higher than other decanters in its price range.
From the Manufacturer:
Handcrafted by the most highly committed European craftsmen, The Ravenscroft Bishop Decanter is produced from ancient mineral deposits, free of impurities. Using such raw materials eliminates the need to add lead as a clarifying agent. This classic form is the perfect spirits decanter. Hand made in Europe of the finest brilliant lead-free crystal. Height: 11-1/2-inch Width: 4-1/2-inch Capacity: 26-Ounce
- One decanter and stopper
- Lead-free Crystal
- Hand wash recommended
Ravenscroft Crystal Bishop Decanter Review
1) the glass is just too thin in the upper corners. Someone must of touched mine on to another decanter when using as the corner of the glass chipped off. Unfortunately, it left a tiny hole in the glass that if I poor on the wrong side, leaks.
2) there are two raised seams on two sides of the decanter that just seem to cheapen it a lot
3) The glass stopper is loose and is not ground to fit the decanter. This is usually a sign of a high quality hand-finished piece. Noticing some evaporation of the contents of the decanter and considering returning it now.
1) Heavy, stylish, Sets off the bar. Just has that look of distinction that makes it look like it belongs on a high class bar top
2) The actual stopper part of the top has a textured crystal to make a tighter seal and make sure that the crystal touching eachother doesn’t crack or chip. It is still not airtight but its tight enough so nothing gets in and nothing evaporates.